Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, metallurgical coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Further information about Teck can be found at¬†www.teck.com.
We are currently seeking an individual in the role of:
Leader, Social Responsibility
Reporting to the Manager, Social Responsibility, the core purpose of this position is to support the development and delivery of programs and initiatives to achieve Teck‚Äôs social responsibility goals at Teck‚Äôs operations and development projects, especially in North America. The position is based in Vancouver with travel to North American sites.
- Work collaboratively with operational and development sites, especially in North America, to achieve compliance with Teck‚Äôs Code of Sustainable Conduct, EHSC Management Standards, Towards Sustainable Mining (TSM) and any other relevant commitments.
- Provide on-going advice, support and capacity building to the communities function of projects/sites, including the design, development and periodic review of strategies for community engagement, social impact management, community investment and local content.
- Support the development, training and implementation of Teck‚Äôs social management framework, SMART (Social Management and Responsibility at Teck toolkit).
- Enhance social and community reporting, including the development of key performance indicators and managing input to the annual sustainability report and quarterly reporting to senior management.
- Support social impact assessments and management plans to achieve international standards at development project sites.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional work experience.
- Post-graduate education in social sciences, sustainability, social policy or other related fields.
- Demonstrated expertise and success designing, managing and evaluating social/community strategies and programs, in particular related to community engagement, impact management, community investment and local content.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills and experience of working with a broad range of people and groups.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on community initiatives and indicators.
- Results-oriented with excellent organizational, planning and decision making skills.
- Familiarity working with the extractives sector.
- Track record influencing colleagues and practice.
- Good analytical and writing skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience of international principles and best practice related to communities and social responsibility e.g. International Council on Mining and Metals (ICMM), IFC Performance Standards.
- Budgeting and resource management and planning experience
- Computer literacy in Microsoft programs and other IT programs
- Integrity, respect and solutions-focused with a commitment to participatory community and sustainable development.
- Knowledge and experience of work with Indigenous groups is an asset.
- Language skills, especially Spanish, are desirable
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.