The Manager of Social Ventures and Responsibility drives internal and external key strategic and tactical elements of Western Union‚Äôs Corporate Responsibility plan. Reporting to the VP of Social Ventures and actively supporting the Senior Director of Corporate Responsibility, this position is responsible for global, companywide environmental, social and governance (ESG) data collection, database creation, measurement and data analysis and internal and external reporting and communications. The role takes a partnership approach to helping to strategically integrate responsibility companywide, and is accountable for sourcing, tracking and regularly providing internal and external data and to support Western Union leaders in determining responsibility goals. This role also supports implementation of a team-based approach to communications around all aspects of responsibility, with an initial emphasis on consumer protection, the responsibility dimensions of marketing/pricing efforts, and industry-specific issues. In this capacity, the position secures internal content and proof-points for responsibility communications, and plays a key role in spearheading marquis programs around highly material and/or visible issues, and is largely responsible for the company‚Äôs environmental agenda and initiative implementation. In addition, the role also takes on a variety of projects to drive Western Union‚Äôs broader shared value programming, supporting the product development process, internal communications, shared value summits, and other priority projects. The role also serves as a content provider and partner to team members working on employee and business partner engagement programs, and liaises with Western Union Foundation staff to ensure alignment and maximize impact.
The Manager of Social Ventures and Responsibility must convey a passionate commitment to Western Union‚Äôs vision of financial inclusion, the ability to meaningfully to contribute to a fast-moving team, and the ability to deliver on multiple tactical projects and priorities. The ideal candidate will have experience with CR tracking and reporting efforts.
- Bachelor‚Äôs degree and a minimum five years experience with project management and/or corporate responsibility programs and reporting.
- Extremely strong and effective communication skills, including presentation, oral and written.
- Strong familiarity with corporate responsibility and shared value concepts; familiarity with financial inclusion a strong plus.
- Proven track record of managing projects within or under budgets, and delivering solid results with highly limited resources.
- High level of computer proficiency, including experience with Microsoft Office products and spreadsheet development and analysis. Experience with off-the-shelf or proprietary responsibility tracking software a strong plus.
- Strong work ethic and time-management skills; ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and meet multiple competing deadlines; proven ability to collaborate effectively in a fast-paced team-based environment.
The Western Union Company (NYSE: WU) is a leader in global payment services. Together with its Vigo, Orlandi Valuta, Pago Facil and Western Union Business Solutions branded payment services, Western Union provides consumers and businesses with fast, reliable and convenient ways to send and receive money around the world, to send payments and to purchase money orders. The Western Union, Vigo and Orlandi Valuta branded services are offered through a combined network of 455,000 agent locations in 200 countries and territories. In 2010, The Western Union Company completed 214 million consumer-to-consumer transactions worldwide, moving $76 billion of principal between consumers, and 405 million business payments. For more information, visit¬†www.westernunion.com.
Please¬†visit the Western Union Company careers website¬†and search for job number 1200197.