ABOUT VESTERGAARD FRANDSEN
Vestergaard Frandsen is a rapidly growing company specialized in complex emergency response and disease-control textiles. We are guided by a unique Humanitarian Entrepreneurship business model, the ‚Äúprofit for a purpose‚ÄĚ approach that has turned humanitarian responsibility into our core business
Our innovative products and concepts include PermaNet long-lasting insecticide-treated mosquito bed nets and curtains, ZeroFly¬ģ insecticide-incorporated plastic sheeting, and LifeStraw¬ģ water filters. Vestergaard Frandsen‚Äôs newest offering, CarePack¬ģ, provides a set of evidence-based preventative interventions to improve the health and lives of HIV positive individuals. These tools are all specifically designed to prevent the waterborne, vector-borne and neglected tropical diseases which disproportionately affect the developing world.
We are headquartered in Switzerland and have offices in the USA, UAE, India, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa and Indonesia. We work in tandem with the United Nations, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), National Ministries of Health, charitable organizations and commercial distributors, to ensure our lifesaving innovations reach those most in need.
As our new Corporate Partnerships Director you will be part of the Consumer Water Business unit and responsible for developing our Consumer Water business in the USA, focusing on building LifeStraw Cause Marketing, by actively pursuing and engaging major North American Consumer companies.
Your role is to partner with corporations in co-branded consumer activities in developed countries in order to create a higher awareness for ‚ÄėSafe Water Now‚Äô, a cause that ensures safe water to millions of consumers across the world.
You will be part of a young, dynamic and constantly expanding organization passionate about making a difference, working with precision and speed, and most of all, dedicated to imagineering.
The Regional Cause Marketing Manager will report directly to the Managing Director Water Division. The position is based in New York.
- Your responsibilities include:
- Deliver the LifeStraw Cause Marketing business plan
- Acquire brand partnerships and manage long term sustainable relationships
- Create, drive and execute various (co- branded) LifeStraw cause platforms, addressing the needs of Partner‚Äôs consumer expectations within the ‚ÄúSafe Water Now cause‚ÄĚ, linked clearly with Partner‚Äôs brand
- Work closely with third parties to execute these platforms. Ensure seamless execution by engaging internal stakeholders and 3rd parties in African countries
- Build LifeStraw into the key brand that stands for ‚ÄėClean Water Now‚Äô Cause in North America and drive LifeStraw Brand and Partner development (strategy ‚Äď brand & innovation) in Cause environment
- Oversee LifeStraw Cause communication and brand activation agenda with a clear focus on Sales results
- Minimum 8 -12 years‚Äô experience in Marketing and Sales (brand management and key account management) in a consumer driven environment. At least 4 years in a senior management position with P&L responsibility.
- Created and executed brand (portfolio) strategy and/ or business development strategy.
- Actively partnered with variety of clients and other external stakeholders. A pragmatic brand marketer experienced with brand- activation and communications.
- The ability to think out-of-the-box in the idea phase. Thrives and adapts to a constant changing environment.
- An ambitious, realistic and enthusiastic mind-set. Goal oriented; delivering results.
- A self starter. Worked independently; makes decisions and implements. Handles strict deadlines and prioritizes work.
- Empathetic and tough negotiator. Gifted communicator. Able to interact with wide variety of stakeholders
- Talented in navigating complex environments (multicultural/ internal/ external)
- Prepared for intense travel across USA especially in the start-up phase
Please submit resume and cover letter to the search firm, Weinreb Group, via the following link: weinrebgroup.com/sustainable-jobs.
Please state your present and expected salary. We have an ambitious start date of December 1st; please let us know if you are available to start then. All resumes will be treated confidentially.