Senior Specialist, Corporate Social Responsibility (Irvine, CA)
Thursday, May 6th, 2010
ASICS America Corporation, a leader in the athletic footwear and apparel industry, is looking for a Senior Specialist, Corporate Social Responsibility for our Irvine, CA location.
Reporting to the Manager of CSR, the Senior Specialist, CSR professional provides support in implementing and maintaining CSR goals and initiatives that focus on labor and the environment. This individual coordinates the monitoring of labor conditions, health and safety, and the environment in AACâ€™s contracted factories and participates in headquarter projects focused on other sustainable initiatives. Demonstrates the ability to be effective in all of the above areas in order to strengthen the ASICS brandâ€™s program and presence in the CSR community. This role is both strategic and applied.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Work closely with vendors and suppliers to ensure compliance with the ASICS Corporate Policy of Engagement;
* Clearly communicate AACâ€™s expectations to our suppliers and vendors, in order to improve working conditions;
* Schedule and coordinate on-site CSR audits and capacity building,
* Input, review and track audit reports and corrective action plans through to completion;
* Travel to international and domestic factories and to conduct audits and provide necessary training;
* Help establish and implement standard operating procedures and policies;
* Act as liaison between AAC and Associations to provide communications and reporting;
* Responsible for ensuring that the AAC CSR database is maintained;
* Support the Manager in different initiatives;
* Other duties as assigned by Manager.
* Bachelorâ€™s degree in related field, Masterâ€™s degree preferred;
* Minimum of 3 years in corporations and/or Non Government Organizations including CSR related function;
* Strong knowledge of CSR â€” International labor, health & safety and environment trends, issues, codes of conduct and best practices;
* Experience in social audits;
* Knowledge of manufacturing industries;
* Knowledge of sourcing practices;
* Able to travel domestically and international, approximately 35%;
* Familiarity with Asian manufacturing environments;
* Experience with Japanese companies preferred;
* Highly organized and structured;
* Excellent follow-up skills;
* Able to work independently or as part of a team;
* Adapts to change;
* Strong sense of initiative;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Strong integrity.
ASICS America Corp. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, as well as a matching 401k plan.
Please send cover letter with salary history and resume to: .
No phone calls please â€” PRINCIPALS ONLY