Woodside is Australia’s largest publicly traded oil and gas exploration and production company with a market capitalisation of more than A$27 billion (as at 31 March 2007).
The company has interests in Australia, Africa, the United States and the Middle East and major customer centres in Japan, Korea, China and Singapore.
It has offices in the United Kingdom, Japan, Korea, Libya, the United States, Mauritania, China and Kenya. Its head office is in Perth, Australia.
Woodside’s major business is centred on the North West Shelf Venture, Australia’s largest resource project, and the country’s first and largest liquefied natural gas plant.
In 2006 Woodside produced nearly 68 million barrels of oil equivalent, or about 186,00 barrels a day.
Production growth is projected to grow to more than 100 million barrels a year by 2008.
Company activities include:
- Exploration â€“ seismic acquisition and drilling for oil and gas discoveries
- Development opportunities â€“ pre-project development planning
- Producing assets â€“ platforms, floating production systems, and gas plants for liquefied natural gas, crude oil, condensate, natural gas and liquid petroleum gas
- Marketing â€“ products for Australian and international customers
- Research â€“ new technology and alternative energy