nco is foremost a primary metals company. In business for 100 years, we are one of Canada’s best-known companies and largest exporters. We employ over 10,000 people around the world at our mining operations, production facilities, research center, and through our extensive marketing and sales network. As a leading international producer of nickel, we are competitively positioned to earn a return for our shareholders through our:
- World-class resource base
- Market share of 19 per cent of global nickel sales
- Sales offices in the principal nickel-consuming regions of the world
- Strong and profitable operations focused on high-margin production.
- Leading-edge product and process technologies to maximize the value of our resource base.
- Leadership position in higher margin, value-added specialty products and plating products.
- Major commitment to research and development and a 100-year history of applying new technologies
- Corporate-wide commitment to ethical conduct and social responsibility
While we are primarily a nickel company, we are also an important producer of copper, precious metals, and cobalt and a major producer of sulphuric acid and liquid sulphur dioxide.
Inco Limited is publicly traded. Our common shares are listed on seven major stock exchanges around the world.
We continue to make progress toward our goal of being the world’s most profitable nickel producer through our three-part strategy:
- To maintain strong low-cost operations focused on high-margin production
- To pursue profitable growth
- To enhance our strong global marketing position, including value-added products