Entergy isnâ€™t electricity or natural gas. Itâ€™s not pipes or poles or wires. Itâ€™s not even light or heat or air conditioning. Entergy is 14,500 men and women striving to exceed their customersâ€™ and investorsâ€™ expectations every day, in every way.
- Entergy employs approximately 14,500 people.
- Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity.
- Entergy is the second-largest nuclear generator in the United States.
- Entergy delivers electricity to approximately 2.6 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
- Entergy supplies natural gas to approximately 157,000 customers in Baton Rouge and New Orleans.
- Entergy operates a system composed of more than 15,500 miles of high-voltage transmission lines and 1,550 transmission substations.
- Entergy is a Fortune 500 company with revenues of more than $10 billion in 2006.
- Entergy and its charitable foundation awarded more than $9 million in grants in 2006.